Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Go Fish

You know what’s harder than the first post, or even starting a blog? The second post, or deciding what to write about after the first. I have been going to blog, and conveniently (or NOT) our internet has been down. Every time I’ve thought about blogging, I knew it would be too short for a post. Rick Reilly, sports writer for ESPN the Magazine, has a project going on called "Rick Reilly Go Fish" (http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/reillygofish). He has many titles for his posts. Examples: Too Short for a Column, Things I Yell at the TV, Excellent Intramural Team Name Ideas, and many others. As most of you know, I’ve been a substitute teacher for the past year and a half. Being in many schools and many classrooms, I’ve heard many statements by students, some of them funny, others absolutely ridiculous, and some repetitive and absolutely annoying. I decided I should have kept an ongoing list a long time ago, because I’ve since forgotten what they have said. So in Rick Reilly fashion, I decided to start a list. I will continue to add to this list as they come along!

So we’ll start with the MOST USED statement, no matter what school I am subbing at (although I will say, it’s mainly the elementary and junior high, occasionally the high school).

As soon as the students walk into class they say, “We have a sub today?”

DO I LOOK LIKE YOU’RE TEACHER?! :)

Of course I never say that, but I think it pretty much every time!

I’ll add more to the list as they come along! If you like sports, go check out some of Rick Reilly’s. He’s hilarious sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment