Friday, May 25, 2012

School's Out For Summer!

I have about 5 "new posts" and none of them are finished! :) So... I figured I'd start with this one and we'll back track and play catch up as the summer starts! I seriously have NO idea where this school year went? It's cliche! But seriously! Time goes by way to fast! Don't get me wrong... I'm super excited for school to be out, and summer to be here! But, I also am sad to see the year end! So many great memories, teaching, coaching, etc.

I was watching Castle (TV show) the other day. One of the characters was graduating from high school. This was her valedictorian speech:
“There is a universal truth we all have to face whether we want to or not-- everything eventually ends. I’ve always disliked endings. The last day of summer, the final chapter of a great book, parting ways with a close friend; but endings are inevitable. Leaves fall, we close the book, you say goodbye. But just because things come to an end there are some people who are so much a part of us they’ll be with us no matter what. They are our solid ground, our north star, and the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us... always.”
This quote stated everything I was feeling at that moment. I despise change. I hate when things end. However, there are people who are very much a part of us, that will always be with us! That's how I feel about this year! So... here's some happenings of the last little bit! While I am sad that they are over, everything does eventually have to end! I will take from the experiences some of my favorite memories with some of my favorite people!

This was probably one of my favorite years of coaching. The softball team was so much fun. I coached a majority of them since they were freshmen, and it was fun to be able to continue up the ranks with them! :) We had some great memories! (There is a copy of "The Book" for the year highlighting those hilarious memories... I'm still contemplating whether or not it will be posted...) 

Some picture highlights of the year...

First game of the year... the COLDEST game I have played in or coached to date! And there's been some cold ones... 
Pitching batting practice... took a line drive straight back at me in the stomach... left this dandy of a bruise! Yes there was a screen... yes I had a glove on... I don't know how it happened? Needless to say... it HURT!
In the MIDDLE of one of our games... we look over... and our starting pitcher is ASLEEP in the MIDDLE of the game! Come to find out she had MONO... and she napped every inning!
Senior Night was... LONG! :) One of my favorite groups of seniors. I said "one of" because there have been a lot! But what a fun group of girls to coach! They taught me SO much in the four years that I have known them!
 
Memories of "AWESOME" practice outfits... and FINALLY a Tangled party! I tried to convince Miranda to watch Tangled the entire year last year, to no avail. She said if we made it to state that she would watch it! We made it to state! :) We had a party! And it was AWESOME!
On the bus ride to our last state game... apparently everyone was tired? :)
We had our banquet a couple of nights ago! It was fun to get together with everyone and reminisce! In my classroom, I have a "wall" of pictures of all the teams that I've coached. Two of my students were our managers this year. They missed team pictures and really wanted to get on "the wall". So we took this picture for them!
Such a fun softball season! I am going to miss the seniors so much!

Other happenings as of late...

Graduation was this past week! Two graduations in one day... wow! I went to ours... and then to Maple Mountain's to watch Porter graduate. We went to dinner at Olive Garden after.
The reason of the title of this post... SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER! Last day of school was yesterday! I spent the past two days MOVING CLASSROOMS! I am upgrading that is for certain! My new room is awesome! However, I DESPISE moving! Thankfully, I had some students help me move everything over to my new room! The daunting part comes with organizing and getting everything put away. After being the ONLY one left at school yesterday, I finally just left and decided to worry about it next week! :) Bring on the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment