Saturday, May 8, 2010

Meet My New Pets... Brooke, Allie, Caitlyn, Kinsley, Aliza, & 14 others who have yet to be named!

I woke up this morning to get ready for practice and my roommate says to me, "Did you see your present that was left for you last night?" I was like no, what are you talking about. On the table was a tackle box type thing full of goldfish.

20 little fishes in all swimming around. However, I'm rather confused. I don't know what's going on? She's like and they sidewalk chalked all the steps, and there are cracker goldfish everywhere? Seriously? So I go outside to look. This is what I found.



Cute, right? What am I supposed to do with 20 fish? Better yet, who did this?

I headed off to practice, thinking it had "softball girls" written all over it. But only Brooke and Allie know where I live. So I had a pretty good idea of who it was. I decided I wouldn't say a word about it. I wouldn't bring it up, and I would see if anyone said anything. Hoping that my silence would make them think they went to the wrong house or something. :)

Allie was the first one to even hint at it. I was pitching batting practice and while she was hitting she was like, "So what did you do last night?" I was like, Lindsey (another coach) and I went and watched a softball game and then went out to eat at the Trolley. Allie then said, "What time?" Ding, ding, ding. Totally know it's them. So I asked her what she did. She said they went water ballooning. I asked who she went with? Caitlyn, Kinsley, and Aliza. What about Brooke? She didn't go. Sure....

Practice goes on, somehow the subject of Krispy Kreme is brought up? And Kinsley's like, "I practically ate the entire box last night!" And Brooke answers, "I know." Or something along those lines, but whatever it was, proved she was there. I'm telling you, I could be on CSI or something! :)

After practice we went and watched the 2A State Championship Game. The one thing mentioning from this game, side note from the fish story, was the winning team won off of "the hidden ball trick." What's the hidden ball trick? Some background of the game first. The score was tied 1-1 going into the 8th inning. Going into the ninth inning the score was 2-2. In the 10th inning, the winning team, scores a run, so they are up 3-2. Going into the bottom of the 10th inning, the losing team has a runner on 2nd base. After a pitch, the catcher throws the ball back HARD to the pitcher. The pitcher continues to throw the ball at second base to try and get the runner out. The 2nd baseman, short stop, and outfielders all run to center field like the ball has just been overthrown. In the mean time, the runner takes off for third base, BUT WAIT, the pitcher still has the ball and tags her out. It was so great. Total momentum changer. They got 2 more outs and won the state championship! It was INSANE!

After the game, I met Uncle Steve, Aunt Patty, Stacey, and Greg at Outback and we had a nice little dinner. On my way home, I stopped by Wal-Mart real quick to pick up a goldfish bowl and some goldfish food. As I'm checking out, someone says, "Hey Jill!" I look up, and it's Aliza. :) I say hey, and she's trying to get out the door. No small talk, nothing. I told her to come here real quick and look at what I had just bought! I showed her the fish tank. And proceeded to tell her that someone had left me a nice present, some gold fish, and I decided to name them Brooke, Caitlyn, Allie, Kinsley, and Aliza. With a smile on her face, she asked how I found out. DING, DING, DING. Solved. Like I said, CSI will be calling any day now.

I got home and got all the fishes moved into their new little tank.

Unfortunately, one didn't make it. But there are 19 left. After I moved them, I went outside and swept up all the cracker goldfish, because they were everywhere, and after people had gone up and down the stairs and stepped on them, it was a MESS! It was a nice little present to wake up to, and I have yet to get the back story on how it all happened or why they chose fish? No one is fessing up to it as of yet, besides Aliza of course. :)

And this is just one more reason why I love coaching so much. :) Who doesn't love a nice present on your doorstep? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment