Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"The Book"

A new tradition has been started for Springville High School softball. One I wish I would have done for ALL other sports, for the past 3 years I've been coaching! It didn't start until the season was almost over. But it's hilarious. I cry every time I read it because I'm laughing so hard. Lindsey's dad gave her a little flip notebook that looks like this...
Well, she brought it to the game that day, and started writing down the funny things that happened. After that everyone kept saying, "Put it in the book." "Write that in the book." And so... the book was started! :) Now I realize it's probably much funnier if you actually know the people it's talking about in the book, or if you knew the story behind the comment or situation. But I still think it will be entertaining, and mainly I'm writing it down so I won't ever forget it! And when I have a bad day or need a good laugh, all I have to do is read it! :) So without further adieu.

PUT THAT IN YOUR BOOK!
Springville Softball 2010

April 26, 2010:
Stacie got hurt
Brooke forgot sports bra
Dead mouse in Jarvis’ office
Patty threw Brooke’s bra in the dirt
Everyone is taking grounders except for Brooke, who is raking
Stacie realized uncle has feelings
Eliju got blue Gatorade crotch
Emily is stealing Robyn’s crackers and she doesn’t know
Allie made an error and Stacie yelled “Ah shoot”
Caitlyn knocked down a bucket trying to avoid a ball
Brooke accuses Caitlyn of swearing
Stacie’s phone on field for some reason
Aria ran off the field after two outs
Peanut dropped the ball and fell
No one knew how many outs there were
Allie is a whiner and tripped
Jentry fell in front of dugout to get in book
Jill says rude things
April 27, 2010
Bus almost left Lindsey and Jill
Lindsey tried to coach first with other team’s coach
Quail on field, Allie scared, Brooke tried to catch it, and Emily attacked it, bird flew away
Karl: “We took one in the mouth”. Brittany: “They took one in the crotch!”
Karl: “Write that in your book”
Kinsley?
Miranda avoids high five again
Emily bounced when sliding
Aliza tried to go on the field with two outs, AGAIN
Umpire’s wife kicked him to the curb
April 29, 2010
Caitlyn told two racist jokes and a lie
Jenn fell into the bus
Eliju hit her head on her own car
Triangulo established April 29. 2010
Aliza very surprised by a bunt
Kinsley batted with hood on outside of helmet
May 4, 2010
Nikki squeaked bunt!
Coach Bolton at game
May 5, 2010
Dany’s number is not 6
Jenn saved granola bar for later, but Kinsley ate it
Aliza is friendly and waves at random people
Alexis has a new best friend with benefits (PG’s first baseman)
A gust of wind almost blew Aria off the mound mid-pitch
Aria made the throw to first and exclaimed “that’s the second time in two days!”
Lindsey and Brooke sulked back to first
Jill made Mackenzie Morris run to first on a 2nd strike dropped ball
Troy Bolton at game
May 6, 2010
Brittany: “I won’t hit a woman, but I’d hit a B****”
Caitlyn spun into third
Syd Brown fell on the sophomore field trying to get a varsity foul ball
Caitlyn pitched fearless while scared of an illegal pitch
Allie: “I sure hope we get another run before I get up again because I do not want to hit”
Allie: “I’m going to have more strike outs this game than the rest of the season”
Aliza started a new career path
Brooke: “Well, I didn’t strike out!”
Aria was giddy after tossing the ball to first
Allie: “Are you positive? This isn’t an April Fool’s joke?”
May 7, 2010
Brittany: “Karl, what are you doing? Hit to the outfield not the infield!”
Allie: “I’m pissed cause I didn’t wash my hair”
Allie: “That’s disgusting, wear a shower cap”
May 10, 2010
Brittany: “Hey Emily, What’d you eat for breakfast… a BUTTERFINGERS?!”
Brooke: “Liz, you trackin’ that ball?”
Brooke: “Credit card her why don’t ya”
Kessa took out Alexis at first base
Karl: “Only hit she’s got all year!” (WHAT?)
Allie has cat like reflexes
May 12, 2010
Bus doors hit Aria
Allie: “Do you guys want to see something cool?” pulls out whistle. VVVVRRRRRRRR
Caitlyn: “I’m sorry, no for being a downer”
May 13, 2010
Aria tried to leave the field after two outs again
May 18, 2010
Stacie’s grandpa has a grill
Stacie has frozen fruit
Caitlyn: “yeah because Brooke is so full of truth”
Caitlyn: “Don’t come crying to me when you hit your funny bone again”
May 19, 2010
Atlatl/atalatl: spear Indians used to fight with
Karl grabbed Alexis’ head
Allie: “It’s happening again!” (her leg)
Brooke: “And I saw it!” (in reference to the one armed turtle, that was in the newspaper)
Brooke: “And the cat went flying straight up in the air, shot across the road, and ran right into a garbage can”

No comments:

Post a Comment