Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Job

Well here's the nitty gritty details on the job! :)

Two days after school had started, the principal came to volleyball practice and asked if he could talk to me? I thought I was in trouble. :) Not really... but I didn't know what he could possibly want? He explained that a teacher had taken disability and they were looking for a Special Ed English teacher. He explained I would have to go back to school to get my Special Education endorsement. He asked me if that was something I would be interested in? I, obviously said, YES! He said they were interviewing the next day and to come and talk to him and the assistant principal.

I was super excited, but was NOT going to get my hopes up, but because they approached me, I was feeling pretty good about it!

I went and interviewed the next day, and it went really really well. They explained what the job entailed, and they were also very appreciative of everything I had done with coaching so that was nice. After, I felt like either way, job or no job, I would be happy. They said they would let me know as soon as they were done interviewing everyone.

I went home. Went about my day. About 1:30 the school's phone number pops up on the caller ID. It was the assistant principal and he asked if I would come talk to him. I had no idea what to expect. It was the longest drive to school EVER!

We talked! He said that I was their choice and that they were sending it to the District Office for approval! :) He said he would call me later in the day after he had heard if it was official! Ah!!! So excited. It didn't really sink in! But I was way excited!

In the middle of volleyball, practice, he called, told me it was official, said that I could have Thursday as my prep day, and that my first official day would be Friday! I told Jodi and Suzette (the other volleyball coaches) and they started screaming and yelling. All the girls were like what is going on? Someone jokingly stated, "Jill's pregnant." UH.... NO! But thanks for starting the rumor, BROOKE, KINSLEY, AND HEATHER!

So... that's how it all began! It's been AWESOME! Extremely overwhelming, stressful, and busy! But I've loved every minute of it! I am teaching 2 Reading classes, 3 English classes, and 1 Study Skills class. They are all Resource classes and have students with mild-moderate learning disabilities. My class sizes are really small (I think my biggest is 14, smallest is 9). It has been awesome!

I even have my own nameplate now outside my classroom! (Fancy... I know!)

Does this look familiar Staci, Christa, and Jaclyn? :) Finally putting it to use!

I feel extremely blessed! And even though it took two years, it's been a whirlwind and totally worth the wait!

Oh... and here's my school picture for the year! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on the whole thing, Jill. You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete