I'm going to start blogging about this now... I doubt I will post it for a little while... but I need to remember the good times while they are still fresh in my memory.
Monday... there was no school. I went out to lunch with Tracy, Mitch, Tandy, and Janna at Red Robin. Came home and got ready completing my "morning of" routine of getting ready. We played Cyprus. They were the #1 team in the state. We started out terrible and were down 10 in the 1st quarter. We came back in the 2nd to take a 3 point lead into half time. The energy was good. We played well throughout and pulled off the upset!
Wednesday... we played the late game. We were able to go through shoot around and then after collaboration and I finished a paper for my master's class we headed to the game. We played Sky View. We have played them the past 3 years. Not my favorite team to play. We knew they were good, but definitely beatable! It was a close game, back and forth the entire way. We got a few KEY defensive stops. Hit some critical free throws, and we were OFF to the semi-finals for the FIFTH year in a row!
Now... I know that this next part might seem a little ridiculous to you all. But, it is what it is?! I'm superstitious!
List of superstitions:
- The night before... shower, blow dry hair, brush teeth, read 2 scriptures/general conference quotes from an app on my phone, prayers, and go to sleep.
- The morning of... wake up, brush teeth, do make-up, straighten hair, use the same 3 bobby pins, put on the same earrings and necklace, then get dressed, all while listening to the same playlist.
- Running shoot-around, sweeps, 3-2-1 shooting drill, free throws, 60 shots, free throws, 5 on 0. Every gathers and we read game plan. Nancy would send me the game plan previous to every game. Shoot around until we leave.
- Seats on bus
- CD playing to and from EVERY game
- Conversations when we passed certain points on the freeway (Harley Davidson, JCW/hamburgers, Prison/Prison Break)
- Playing Scramble with Friends
- Counting of people as they entered the game
- Stamp on my wrist in the same place on the left hand
- Sitting with back against wall
- Handful of Holli's pistachios
- Gum right after the pistachios
- Pencil to keep stats
- Filling out the stat sheets the same way
- One empty seat between the last girl on the bench and us
- Standing by the same people for introductions
- Half time candy from Mindy